You can also find the tabby patterns as part of a completely different coat color. "Tabby point" Siamese cats have tabby coloring on their extremities. You can see the tabby pattern on some black cats when they rest under the sun.
The "M" on their foreheads is the most distinctive feature seen in common on all tabby cats. Wild "cats" like tigers and cheetahs share this "M".
The behavior traits among different tabby cat breeds can be as different and varied as those seen in human beings of different locations. Most tabby fans agree on the following:
- Tabbies are extremely playful by nature. Good hunters, they love to play with their human friends.
- They love to hang around their "family" and are usually more attached to a particular person in the house.
- Gentle by nature. They love being the center of attention.
- Owners say that tabbies are very laid-back. They seem to be more intelligent than other felines.
- Always ready to play. Tabby cats are affectionate and cheerful.
Most people who had the chance to share sometime with a tabby know that there is more than just the color of the cat that's special.