Cats are easy to care for but your need to cover five grounds to keep them happy and healthy.
- Playtime: City cats spend lots of time on their own, confined to a relatively small environment. When you get home, they need to interact with you. Depending on the age/breed (and their personality) play sessions could happen once, twice or even three times a day. Keep them short (ten - fifteen minutes) and interesting. Read more about playing with your cat: http://www.kittyinny.com/blog/play-time-build-a-bond-with-your-cat
- Healthy diet: a good quality diet is a key ingredient in your cat’s overall health. Cats need protein, stay away from cheap dry food! The selection of cat food brands and types is enormous. You could get advice from your veterinarian. There are a few cat specialized stores in Manhattan who could help you find the best diet for your pet. Your can find more information about how to feed your cat in our blog post: http://www.kittyinny.com/blog/how-to-feed-your-cat
- Grooming and brushing: cats take good care of themselves but you should help them maintain a healthy and shiny coat. Professional grooming sessions are a must for long hair breeds (once or even twice year). Find a specialized business with good reviews. Make sure they don’t sedate your cat (especially if he/she’s older than 9/10 yo). More tips and advice can be found in our blog posts:
- Litter and litter box: there is nothing more troublesome for the cat owner than dealing with litter box issues. If you’re lucky you may not run into these kind of issues. To try to avoid them place your litter box in a low passage area and scoop it/change the litter as often as possible. It should be clean and dry, not smelly and wet. Find a litter box your cat likes to use, when he/she feels safe and can turn around with comfort. Cats usually prefer unscented litter. There are multiple types of litter, you can try different brands and see how your cat feels. Read more about litter box in our blog post: http://www.kittyinny.com/blog/litter-box-issues
- Veterinary check ups and vaccination schedule: you should find a veterinary where you feel comfortable. Your veterinarian should be able to provide lots of useful information about your cat’s care, grooming, most appropriate vaccination schedule and regular check ups. Your cat’s health will depend on all of this. New York City has some of the best cat specialized veterinary clinics, it will be easy to find an excellent veterinarian in your area. You can find more information about vaccinations schedules in our blog post: http://www.kittyinny.com/blog/vaccination-schedule-for-cats
Kitty in NY provides the best cat care services when you need to leave the city. Our in-home boarding service is the best choice for a mid/long term service, You bring your cat to the caregiver’s apartment where he/she will be the only pet. We also provide cat sitting visits. A professional and fully insured cat lover will visit your cat in your apartment. Contact us and explain more about the service you need. We’ll be glad to help you.